Everywhere you turn, people are talking about the novel coronavirus and COVID-19, the disease caused by this coronavirus outbreak. Many states have issued stay-at-home or shelter-in-place orders. While the daily news explains how to stop the spread of the disease, it can be difficult to understand. We, the team at Georgia Chiropractic Neurology Center, have put together some information for you. With a little knowledge and some basic steps, we can get through this together.
What is an Essential Business?
You’ve surely heard that only essential businesses can operate at this time and we wanted to reassure you that the Georgia Chiropractic Neurology Center is in fact, an essential business. Essential businesses are just as they sound… they are essential to the continued viability of our infrastructure and the health and well-being of our communities. Essential businesses include medical and healthcare, telecommunications, information technology systems, defense, food and agriculture, transportation and logistics, energy, water and wastewater, law enforcement and public works.
Chiropractic Care Amid COVID-19
Regarding Chiropractic care specifically, per the Department of Homeland Security’s Critical Infrastructure Guidelines chiropractic care is included on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce advisory list published by Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). In fact, ACA President, Robert C. Jones had this to say, “Homeland Security’s decision to include chiropractors on the list of essential healthcare workers is validation of the important role they play in enhancing the health and function of their patients, who in turn often work in industries that are critical to local communities.”
Here at the Georgia Chiropractic Neurology Center, we want you to know that we remain committed to providing the best possible care. Our mission is to keep you healthy and we are here for you. If you do have an appointment during this time, your temperature will be taken when you arrive at the office and you will be asked to wash your hands. If you are sick, or have been around anyone who has been sick, we would ask that you wait to come in. However, please reach out to the office if you are unsure or have questions. In accordance with the COVID-19 State of Emergency shelter-in-place order that was given by Governor Kemp on April 1, 2020, please rest assured that our office is OPEN and is considered an essential business per the Department of Homeland Security. GCNC will continue caring for patients in our office while following all of the safety recommendations from the CDC.
Our patients are everything to us and we love the community in which we live and work. If there was ever a time for communities to come together, let’s make it now. With a little patience, some basic precautions and a lot of kindness we will weather the COVID-19 storm and emerge better on the other side.
Helpful Tips During COVID-19
- Wash your hands… often and with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available and hands are not visibly dirty, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol may be used. However, if hands are visibly dirty, always wash hands with soap and water.
- Clean surfaces using soap and water. Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces. Follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe and effective use of the product.
Many products recommend:
- Keeping surface wet for a period of time (see product label)
- Precautions such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product
- High touch surfaces include: Medical equipment, tables, doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, faucets, sinks, etc.